Waiting on red is now waiting on read.........
I envision sitting in my car at an intersection when I hear the term waiting on red. That is the only way this makes sense in my world. Perhaps I am impatient if I am late for an appointment or just chilling with the radio if I am not. Either way waiting is tolerated better with a good attitude. Waiting on red doesn't involve anyone else. It is simply the timing of the lights and certainly isn't personal.
Yesterday I learned the term waiting on read. Now you know I am hip when I knew before I even asked my grandgirl. Waiting on read is when someone has received a text or email from you and read it but not responded. Hmmm. Am I waiting on read with a good attitude or do I jump to conclusions and come up with scenarios as to why they are ignoring me.
Too often I look at a message while I am busy with something else planning to respond only to get distracted and not. I think we all are guilty of this innocent leaving someone on read. It is important for us to remember when we don't get a response that it doesn't necessarily mean the nonresponder intentionally dissed us. They aren't mad or manipulative but perhaps just forgot to push send on their response.Always be willing to check back and give them another chance to reply. My kids are notorious for leaving me on read. Then they tell me they didn't get my text in their phone. Well, they understand technology more than I do, so they know there is a record of them leaving me on read or at least that my message was delivered. There are times I go back and realize I neglected to push send. Other times I have sadly delivered my thoughts to the wrong recipient. This can be uber embarrassing if it is a pity party or me micromanaging. Almost as bad as butt dialing at a most inopportune moment. But that is another blog post.
Let's just decide to have grace for one another when we are on read and patience in traffic when we are waiting on red. After all, we are all guilty and need others understanding when our response is left unsent.
In Him,
Joyful
10-16-21

Your on read and on red gave me smiles.
ReplyDelete