Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Check It Off~Or Justify Not Doing it at All

 Truth is I can justify anything. This year I decided I just didn't have it in me to send Christmas cards. My spin is that I am helping the shipping crisis by not putting one more burden on the mail carriers. Yep, I am noble in my not completing this task this year. Perhaps each of us has ways we justify so we don't feel as guilty about what we avoid or neglect. The truth is I have had many excuses this past year. 


Yesterday, I got up and actually got things accomplished that I had been putting off for far too long. It felt good to make progress on tasks I have neglected. The pile of laundry by my bed was tumbling over as I just took clothes from that pile rather than drawers or off hangers. Amazing how much better clothes look when they aren't pulled from a heap on the floor. 

My friends have given me a pass on how much avoiding I have been doing. It is true that grief stops me in my tracks. Broken ribs, shingles and travel have not helped me get household chores completed. Today I hope to be on day two of actually checking things off my to do list. Be honest. Are you like me when it comes to a list? If I do something that is not on the list, I add it and cross it off as done. Not that anyone else but me will see the list. So why do I think I need to get credit for each thing I accomplish. For example, yesterday I worked on my mountain of clothes and bills. When I took a few minutes to clean the cat litter box, I added it with a check mark. 

What is on your list today? Do you have a daily, weekly or in general list? Do you add to it as you go? Is yours realistic that you can accomplish all that is written? Perhaps I need to add making lists to what I am getting done. Maybe I just need to write a list today and drink coffee. After all there is always tomorrow and I did work hard yesterday. Besides my coffee is hot and I should have put Netflix on my list anyway. Hope you are productive today even if it is getting those never ending episodes of Parenthood watched. Don't forget to check it off! I may get really ambitious and add a nap in there somewhere. Ahhhhh the joys of retirement. 

In Him,

Joyful

12-1-21

No comments:

Post a Comment