It has been a wild few weeks. So let me start from the beginning..........Ron and I decided to get out of the cold after spending Christmas on Zoom due to his Covid diagnosis. We spent three weeks in our RV roaming southern New Mexico and Arizona. When we came home I went to Washington to run my grandkids around and snuggle five month old Millie. Brittney and I flew with wee one back to New Mexico a week ago Wednesday for her auntie's funeral on Saturday. Then Monday Ron and I dropped the two of them back at the airport and headed west to San Diego. Wednesday we celebrated the life of Emily, our cousin's twenty-two year old who lost her life to cancer. Thursday we spent time with Tanner and Bethany in Los Angeles then headed east on Friday to see Aunt Cherie and Russ. Saturday we were back in Flagstaff for our grandgirl's eighth birthday party. Yesterday, Ron worked on modifying cabinets at his Mom's house to install a new double oven. I was on clean up and fetch duty to assist him. Today, I woke up at 5:30 and have been vegging with coffee and Bible study. Tomorrow we head home to New Mexico picking up tile for our entryway on our way through Albuquerque.
Needless to say I am looking forward to a few weeks at home. The plan is to be home until the first week of April. Oh I hope so. Uncle Sam would appreciate if I worked on taxes. I have to say traveling in the rv with our own bed is preferable to all the hotels we have stayed in this past week. Hauling our stuff in and out and different beds is a pain. It was the right decision to take the car to get going quicker and running around California easier.
One plus to all this travel and on the go time is that we have spent wonderful time with family and Ron and I have loved being together mile after mile. June we will be married forty-five years and have never enjoyed life together more than we do now.
Thanks for letting me run down 2022 for us so far. Hopefully the rest of the year sees more nights on our own pillows and trips for pleasure not to say final goodbyes. Safe travels and yes you can wear a cape for a lazy day. It may also be called pajamas. After all jammie days are a thing that we all need.
In Him,
Joyful
2-28-22
No comments:
Post a Comment