It has been a long week, a productive week. I drove to Arizona to help my grandgirl, Elissa, move into a fifth wheel trailer. We have been packing up her microscopic, studio apartment and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. What a wonderful day Sunday when we were cleaning every inch of her new home. Her mother-in-law, mom, grandma, and sister-in-law were all helping Lis and Che' wipe down every inch of their new space. Such a fun, getting to know each other better time.
The kids are thrilled with their next adventure. Lis is already planning her garden and Che' is definitely the decorator. It makes me jealous of them just starting out and so excited for their life ahead. I'm not really jealous. I love the age and stage Ronnie B. and I are at right now. What a time to be there for our family and each other.
It is good to remember when I longed to be a teacher and now I get to look back on all the students who I had the honor to include in my heart. It is hard to remember infertility with all the procedures and pokes along the way. Who knew we would be here with our family of four kids, four in-loves, seven grandkids as well as our first great~grand on their way. I love that our lives are not lonely or dull. Getting a call to buy a ticket and get on a plane to come help out in a pinch keeps retirement exciting. Now here I am packing and unpacking while I try hard not to suggest where the silverware drawer should be. Who am I to advice when I just had Angelica come and reorganize my whole kitchen that I planned out to begin with.
In a few days I will drive down and pick up my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to pack up Ron's mom's home and end its seven year airbnb status. It will be bittersweet. I'm sure we will have a lot of memories and laughter as we pack up and donate what was purchased for the rental. We will be able to take what means the most to us and what our kiddos want from Nana's house. God has perfect timing. Grandma Connie our grandgirls other grandma lost her home to fire earlier this year. Linens and furniture will be a blessing to her family and we are so glad the timing works out for all of us.
This has been a long week and next week will be more of the same. Finding the end of the packing tape is a pain but all the time working together makes the work so much fun. It will be memories made that we will enjoy looking back on as we look forward to next steps.

Well you have been hard at work helping family pack, and that had the fun aspect of getting to know you better time.
ReplyDelete