Thursday, July 7, 2022

Chokecherry Jam or Whatever You Call Them

 


Why do so many of us feel the need to correct others? Simple things that aren’t important to correct should just be left. Yesterday, I put on Facebook that I have an abundance of choke cherries and would like to share. So far I have made five batches of the most beautiful, delicious jam. There are plenty for others to enjoy. Someone I don’t even know tried to correct me on the type of cherries I have. Why? Couldn’t she have just been thankful for my generous heart? I deleted her comment somewhat perturbed. 

Later I realized that far too often I miss a person’s intentions by focusing on a minor detail that is not quite right. I hope the person I am correcting can forgive my narrow mindedness. The grammar police and all the other policing I do is not where I want to waste my time. Focusing on hearts not facts will connect me closer to others. Being right will not achieve that. And patting myself on the back for my superior knowledge may just sprain my arm in the process. 


I am thankful for this know it all who not only pointed out what fruit is growing in my yard but also how I don’t want to be a know it all myself. By the way, my chokecherry jam is incredible. Come pick some for yourself and you can call them whatever you want. 

In Him,

Joyful

7-7-22

No comments:

Post a Comment