Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Ready, Set, Not Today

 


Ready, set, wait……….Cam and Brit and our grandkids are moving to a new house. They were completely out of their house on Sunday with stuff stashed in a storage unit, uhaul truck and friend’s garages. The plan was to stay with Britt’s parents for a couple days and pick up keys today. Nope! There was a paperwork glitch and they now have to wait until Friday. What a disappointment when you anticipate beginning a new adventure and have to pause. Hopefully, they will get it all figured out and get keys as now planned on Friday. 

This family of six is moving from a 1600 square foot home to one that is well over 3000 sq. ft. There will be room to stretch out and acquire new treasures from summer garage sales. They are moving to DuPont where there is one huge garage sale once a year. That is all that is permitted. Last year I was lucky to be up there for it. What a long day of finding so many must haves. I hope this year there are people parting with just what the kids need to complete the decor in their new home. Second hand finds are always the best. 

So today they wait hopefully patiently to begin unpacking and making this new home their own. I imagine our teenage grandgirls will be in their own rooms for the first time ever. I wonder if they will miss those just before sleep conversations they have shared their whole lives. Timmy and Millie will be snug and content in their own rooms and hopefully Cam and Brit get a marvelous main bedroom. 

I am so glad for these kiddos who have sacrificed so much to plant a church and bring Jesus to others. Now with Cam’s new career they have the money to move into their dream home. What a gift this family is to all of us. I look forward to going up and staying with them in their new home sometime soon.

In Him,

Joyful

7-6-22

No comments:

Post a Comment