Filters Barb filters. Too often Ronnie B. Has too remind me to not share it just because I think it. Don’t get me wrong, I love my randomness. But there are times when I speak then think. Regretting what I said to who I said it to is something we all have in common. There are those who are better at choosing their words wisely and then there are those of us who spew then need to clean up the mess.
Yesterday, my nephew told me an extremely inappropriate joke. His face showed he was shocked that he had just shared it with his favorite aunt. There is no sucking the words back in and no magic eraser or delete button. Our mouths are an automatic send button pushed as the words flow out.
You would think I would be getting better at filters but the truth is that as I get older I seem to have less filters. What I have improved on is sharing with fewer people my weirdness. Recognizing that not all people get my random thoughts, I am better at choosing who to be fully me with. Believe me I won’t be sharing the joke I heard last night with even my trusted friends. My hope is that Chad didn’t lose sleep over sharing his humor. I can take it and am glad he felt comfortable telling it. I think. What I know is that he is one of my favorite people and I adore him.

No comments:
Post a Comment