Friday, July 1, 2022

Just Sit Down and Talk About it Already


Do you ever dread a conversation and create ways to avoid it? Then when you sit down and actually share with each other it is healing not hurting. Too often I am a not today kind of person when it comes to a sticky subject. This leads to anxiety and me just stressing over how it will go. Why do I do this again and again? Avoidance doesn’t get me anywhere. At some point things need be discussed so they can be resolved.  Maybe my fear is that I always become that little girl who thinks I am in trouble. 

I hear others say something similar when they hear someone wants to talk to them. What  I do? Is a common response. I’m not sure why that is our first reaction. But avoiding conflict is natural. Perhaps if we sat down and chatted more regularly we wouldn’t feel threatened at someone asking to talk. My in-laws, Mary and Bob, sat at their kitchen table over coffee and would just sip and gab for hours. I always loved that about them. How much easier to share with one another when it was how they spent much of their day. 

My thought is we need to come to our tables and just converse with others much more than we do today. Don’t be surprised if I invite you over for coffee and a chat. No, you are not in trouble nor should you expect a lecture. I just hope to touch base face to face rather than on a quick text. Perhaps this will help us share deeper thoughts and connect in a positive way.

 But for now I am glad another difficult conversation was had and results were realized. Even the tough ones are better had face to face and right away. Next week is just never a good idea since it just blows the whole topic out of proportion. Yes, the saying of making a mountain out of a molehill is a real thing. 

In Him,

Joyful

7-1-22

No comments:

Post a Comment