Yesterday I got to chat with Leona. Leona has been a part of my family since she was twelve. She was my Natalie’s best friend and became a daughter to me. Her journey has not always been easy but in her thirties now she is married to her Matt and now when life gut punches he is right there beside her. Leona tells me how much I have impacted her life but the truth is that this young girl now all grown up has shifted my world. Several years ago, Leona took the posts from my blog about losing Ryan and printed a single book for me. Can I just say she always gives the most thoughtful gifts. Her gift of my words, grief, heart changed me. It took a while for me to actually read what I wrote during that season of grief. Eventually, Leona, Susi and I finished the journey record to ten years after Ryan died. Now I keep one in my purse and several in my car to pass on to someone who I connect with.
Leona cleaned my home since she was a teenager. This girl took all my critical suggestions and became the best at these tasks. She graciously tells me her own home is better because of the guidance I gave her. I am not sure about that but I love that she credits me.
Relationships with young women are so important to me. My heart has gathered a handful that are now family. I can’t imagine life without even one of them. They enrich my life in so many ways. What I need to do is schedule a regular time to touch base. Too often I let weeks and even months slip by without connecting. My hope is to not let so much time lapse between visits. Making that happen would be the perfect Christmas gift for me this year.
In Him,
Joyful
12-10-22

No comments:
Post a Comment