Monday, December 12, 2022

Unplugged Temporarily

 


Yesterday was a crazy day. I am dealing with a cold and feeling a bit miserable. My plan for the day was to rest, drink teas, write Christmas cards, wrap gifts all while watching football. It seemed like a God wink that I felt so awful on a Sunday and could just cozy in. Nope! The internet, tv service and get this, Even my cell phone wouldn’t work. How was this possible. My cell phone has nothing to do with my internet and tv service but all three were down. So completely down that I couldn’t even send texts. 

It occurred to me that others would assume I was ignoring the texts or calls they made when I didn’t reply. It felt so frustrating until I surrendered to the situation that I wasn’t going to be watching endless football. So I picked up a book I have been wanting to read, found my reading glasses, and curled up with a cup of steaming tea. Would I have chosen this kind of Sunday? Absolutely not but it may have been just what I needed. Complete rest and disconnect helped me to sleep most of the day. What a healing day it was. The house was silent with no Alexa music playing or podcasts going. Just silence and rest.

I would like to finish this post with complete healing from my day unplugged. But this Monday morning I may feel worse than yesterday. It may be time to shower and go see if antibiotics are called for. Maybe even a second covid test just to make sure. 

Truth is it didn’t kill me to be unplugged for a day but I am aware that I don’t want to live without my connecting devices. So this morning I look forward to watching Revive our Hearts Grounded and chatting through my fingertips with each of you. Guess you could say I needed yesterday to be grateful for all my plug ins.

In Him,

Joyful

12-12-22

No comments:

Post a Comment