Unplugged from connecting devices and internet was a weird day. But now I am disconnected because of a cold that won’t go away. In the past, I would have taken cold meds and jumped into life. But at sixty-six years old and post pandemic, I stay in my home isolating. Thankfully, our phones and tablets work again so I have Hallmark movies and phone conversations. But I feel the need to be babysitting my Felix while his mama is at school. Not being able to help is frustrating. Needing others help is maddening. Two year old Cameron used to say
I do it. That is how I feel. I want to do it myself. But here I am napping the days away and not accomplishing much other than addressing a few Christmas cards. Thankfully, my Christmas shopping is finished and all the gifts are wrapped. I love that my Mitzi cat stays close to snuggle with me.
Today I will patiently rest and get better knowing that when this annoying virus takes its leave, I will be back to life and running my race. This pause is not what I asked for but perhaps it is what I needed. More time to pray, to reach out, to be still. For that I am trying to be grateful.
In Him,
Joyful
12-13-22
No comments:
Post a Comment