Friday, December 2, 2022

For Now a Virtual Hug will have to do

 


Oh how I wish we could really come up with instant transporting to a friend’s side. Yesterday, a friend got some harsh medical news and she was alone. All I wanted to do was wrap her in my arms. All I could do was hug her on the phone and pray for her peace even in this circumstance. Today she will put on a smile through tears and enjoy a family gathering. I know her and she is not going to make today about her even though her pain and fear are all consuming. What I hope is that those gathering could form a circle of love around her that brings her comfort.

 I feel helpless from here to reassure her that even when the news is not what we expect there are positives to focus on. For years she has had concerns that were not addressed and she now has a doctor who is going to get to the bottom of it. That is so important in determining the direction for the next steps to take to correct what is broken. My heart is crushed for her being scared while also rejoicing in the fact that she is going to get the care she needs. Bringing her health into the light is ultimately going to be a gift. The truth is she did not find out something new yesterday. She has always known something was not right but she couldn’t get another health provider to address it. Now she will get answers and solutions. 

So here I sit praying for her today as I do most days, knowing she is in good hands even when she isn’t in my embrace. Her GPS just got switched and she will be navigating this news for the next few months. There will be time for me to get to her so I can be there with her and wrap my arms around her. She can cry, scream into a pillow or just be held. We started as camp colleagues, became college roommates and have spent a lifetime being family. It may be that I need to hug Susi even more than she needs my hug.

In Him,

Joyful

12=2=22

No comments:

Post a Comment