Several years ago I thought it would be fun to start a notebook of clever business names I saw in our travels. One that comes to mind is Heaven Scent Bakery. But I never got around to doing it. The truth is that even had I got a book, I probably would have misplaced it or not remembered to even look for it. There are so many things seem like a good idea but there is no way any of us can do all of them. It is good to focus on the ones we do rather than beat ourselves up over the ones we don’t get around to doing.
My grandkids have the right idea on how to use Pinterest…..they enjoy all the overly silly posts. I am not on Pinterest. It feels like I would just get discouraged from everyone else’s clever creations. My creative juices only consist of a keyboard. Anything too complicated or unfamiliar has me ducking under the covers. I crochet. But I do a double single stitch to make baby blankets only. Nothing that takes any thinking. When I crochet, I try to pray about the family this baby is coming going to bless. Others impress me that they are always learning new things. It is just not me.
What is important is how we treat ourselves. A friend of a friend was determined to get her doctorate in her sixties not for career but simply to have it. That is great for her but if it isn’t for me or you that is okay. My daughter and grandgirl are studying for new careers. I am beyond proud of them. I am comfortable staying in my comfort zone right now and that is okay. Maybe someday I will find a book someone else was inspired to publish with clever business signs. That would be a book that I would certainly enjoy.
Traveling with Ronnie B I see a lot of signs that tickle me. For now I am okay with just enjoying them and perhaps writing about them in my blog. Even if I don’t Wok your way, I can be content with my own wok.
In Him,
Joyful
12-3-22


No comments:
Post a Comment