Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas this Morning to Each of You

 


Good morning and happy Christmas Eve to one and all. Today is a good day. Time to cook, visit, worship in a candlelight service and just spend time with family. Remembering Christmases past is such a joy. The ones when I was a child, the ones when my kiddos were children and now looking forward to ones filled with my children’s families, grandkids and now a great-grandson that is three months old today. My hope is to enjoy rather than stress, love rather than judge, and listen more than I talk. 

Tonight my home will be filled with family feasting on our Christmas Eve meal so that we can have leftovers and cinnamon rolls tomorrow. Christmas Day is not about cooking in my house so I can spend time being present as Mary rather than busy like Martha. That is what Christmas is about. Gathering together knowing that Jesus humbled Himself to share our experiences. The celebrations and sorrows, the grief and anger, the love and intimacy are all a part of my story, your story and His. 

This morning is starting out quiet in His word and then coffee with a friend. Later there will be the bustle of a few more presents to wrap that I forgot and the kitchen chaos of having everything ready to dine after service this evening. My son is traveling to be here this evening and I am so thrilled to have him here with us. Last night, he spent at my sister’s house which was so sweet since her Allen is grieving another Christmas without her. There is no greater gift than that Tanner stopped by on his way home to see his Uncle Allen. 

My hope for each of you is that your day is filled with quiet among busyness and that you know how loved you are. I am thankful for each of you and am praying for my faithful few to have peace, joy and some really delicious food this Christmas. I love that you take time to read my heart often. Writing is my gift, my therapy and my love. Sharing it with you makes it even sweeter. Merry Christmas.\\

In Him,

Joyful

1 comment:

  1. Your words to listen rather than talk are ones I want to do too. We are so loved even when we goof up, our Father loves us. This Christmas eve our pastor talked about the prodigal son and how his father loved and welcomed him. We had a candlelight service as you mentioned. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete