Tuesday, August 13, 2024

A Peek Inside and a Sweet Encounter

 

Oh to sip my coffee in the quiet of the morning and look over and see this visitor checking out what is going on in my home. He didn’t stay long but just took a quick peek. After all, he was on his way to my apple tree to munch on what had fallen. It is a pleasure to have deer in our yard cleaning up the fruit that falls and even bedding down to leisurely chew on our grass. What helpers they are and how thankful I am to get to enjoy them at all times of the day. But this early morning visit especially made me smile. 

I love getting up early to enjoy the stillness before life gets ramped up and busy. The time I have to get to Bible study and just be in God’s presence sets my day on the right track. Without it the whole day seems to be missing something. I always sit with my coffee in my favorite spot. The routine of beginning my day this way is a reason I enjoy being home. 

Ronnie B and I love our home, our town, and spending time with one another. But he stays up late and sleeps in and I go to bed early and get up with the sun. This gives both of us a time to ourselves. I love the rhythm of our lives when we are home. It is a bit trickier when we are off in our rv traveling for a month at a time. Nineteen feet is not a lot to get up and make coffee quiet enough to allow Ron to sleep. So I typically don’t get up so I don’t disturb him. He is careful to allow me to sleep in the evening and quietly reads. But at home I can slip downstairs and have my time while he peacefully snoozes upstairs. 

Today I didn’t have to get up from the couch to see this buck in my yard. He came right to the window so he could snoop and I could enjoy viewing him out the window. What a great way to start the day. I am so happy.

In Him,

Joyful

8-13-24

1 comment: