Thursday, August 1, 2024

Caleb Snuggling His Grandpa’s Clownie

 

Ryan’s daughter, Elissa, sent me this picture of her son, Caleb, with Clownie. Clownie was Ryan’s every night sleep buddy when he was a kid. It is such a gift seeing his grandson snuggling up with his grandpa’s huggie. There are expressions that Caleb gets on his face that take me back to the days when Ry was his age. Oh how I wish my son had lived to meet this little guy and see what a wonderful mom and woman his little girl has become. 

Look at the scrapes on Caleb’s knees and the bump on his forehead. He is pure boy full of energy and joy. I am so thankful that we have this little guy in our lives.

What a gift to have all of our grand kiddos in our lives. Ronnie B and I see our own children in them. It brings back all those wonderful memories of having a houseful of all their energy, drama, and laughter. Now days we get to go enjoy watching them with their crews and all the loving chaos that fills days when families are growing up together. 

I am so glad Clownie didn’t get lost or donated years ago. It warms my heart to see Caleb just content to hold that little stuffed toy that Diane’s mom made for my Ry. If only we knew how much the treasures we share mean to others. Not just when they are given but sometimes through generations. 

In Him,

Joyful

8-1-24

No comments:

Post a Comment