Sunday, September 22, 2024

Cameron is Forty with his Dad in Paris Day One



Happy 40th Cameron! You and your dad just landed in Paris to begin your birthday adventure through Europe’s Octoberfest. I am beyond thrilled that you two are having this experience together. Someone asked if I am jealous. Not at all. Now the day you were born forty years ago reminds me of the bond your dad felt toward you from the first moments of your life. 




The nurse set up a rocking chair in the nursery for me to sit in and then gently laid you in my arms. Within moments your dad took that little swaddled bundle of boy and snatched him out of my arms. He quickly unwrapped you to count your toes and fingers and get acquainted with his newborn son. What a precious gift you have been to both of us throughout your life. Watching you grow into the middle-aged man you have become has been one of our greatest gifts. You are a man of faith, courage, commitment and humor. 

This new adventure you have of brewing beer is going to be forever enhanced as you navigate German breweries sampling a good bit along the way. Eat, drink and enjoy. Take a cab if you or dad test too many beers at one time. Today is one of my favorite days as I know you are blending the fun of Octoberfest with the awe of the beaches of Normandy and the grandeur of the Louve. Just think perhaps you will be taking a trip with your son in another twenty-five years. Happy, happy birthday to you my son.

In Him,

Joyful

9-22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment