Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Germany, Greece, and Lap Swimming with My Snorkel


  Let the adventure begin. Ronnie B leaves on Saturday to go to Octoberfest in Germany with our oldest son, Cameron, who is forty today. Happy Birthday my son. Then I will fly to Greece early in October to meet Ron and go on an archeology tour of the country and their islands. It is on my bucket list to swim in the Mediterranean. This is something I am so looking forward to with my Ronnie B. 


Life is good. No wait, life is marvelous, filled, enjoyable, and just better than I could ever dream of. My family is growing and so much fun to see all their lives unfold. Friendships are rich as those closest to me are aging beautifully with more time to sit and chat. Ron and I are at our best relationally although we are slowing down. But this is a time to slow down and enjoy. It took a few years to shift from full steam, petal to the metal to sipping coffee and having the time to read on the back porch.

Now with our trip so close and our new/old rv in the driveway the adventures are going to be thrilling. The joy of having all our kiddos traveling with us has been replaced by traveling to see them and the journeys along the way. Most of you know that whether flying over an ocean to a destination or sleeping in the back of our moving casita, I will be on the lookout to get in water to swim, float and soak up the relaxation. Yes, I am packing my snorkel that I can use no matter where I dip my toes. People at the pool are getting used to this crazy, white haired Noni swimming laps with a full face snorkel. I’m glad that I don’t have to side breathe anymore since it was my least favorite part of the swim. Now if I could convince our aquatic center to paint fish on the bottom of the pool! Life is good, better than good and I am thankful for all of it. 

In Him,

Joyful

9-17-24

Happy Birthday to our oldest. How can you already be forty Cameron. I guess I blinked.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Camron ❤️🎂🎉. I hope you have a great trip and safe journey to you all.

    ReplyDelete