Sunday, September 15, 2024

Win for Me, Win for Others



Walk into a room not thinking what will people think of me but who needs me to think of them? Megan Fate Marshman has been a woman I have been watching on Youtube recently. I like the way she looks at the gospel. Too often I am guilty of making it about me and then getting stressed that I won’t be enough. What a great attitude shift it would be to focus on making others feel enough and making them see that they are more than enough. I have written about the lady who had a sign saying other over each of her doors. She wanted to be reminded to put others ahead of herself in any circumstance that life threw her way. This was not her way of being selfless. What she recognized was that by focusing outward and not inward, her life was improved. Joy~Jesus, Others, then yourself actually ends up putting ourselves in the best position.

Leading with how can I be a gift to others always puts me in a place of giving and we all learned early that it is better to give than to receive. Think of it this way………Taking the biggest piece of cake for myself is my nature but if I take the one that is smaller and maybe has less frosting, I will feel better. Fewer calories is an added bonus along with feeling good about not putting myself first. The benefit of taking the focus off of me is that I have less anxiety. It is hard to worry when I am looking intentionally for others who need encouragement. Win for me I say.  So time to remember living life Back to the stage. Meaning take the worst seat at the table. Be heone who has to turn my head to see the performance. That carries through in all of life. Let someone in line in grocery store or traffic. Donate what I’m not using rather than hoarding for myself. We all know life is better with less stuff even though our Amazon boxes say something else. Throughout my day there are opportunities to lighten my anxiety by being intentional about encouraging others. Win-win I’d say. 



In Him,

Joyful

9-15-24


No comments:

Post a Comment